This week we keep it simple now that we live in the new reality of the likes of The Truman Show. Believe us, however you were people-pleasing or shutting down before is still alive and true on Zoom or whatever virtual platform you are now using. So check yo’self! No judgment. Just good old-fashioned follies. Devon has created a ridiculously accurate and hilarious video that’s under 5 minutes to ease you into honoring yourself and laughing at yourself and the world. When humor is present, fear is not.
Are you taking care of yourself in a way that feels good to you?
Are you holding your boundaries?
Are you saying NO when you don’t want to do something?
Check out her video and the Top 10 list of virtual people-pleasing patterns…
Top 10 List: Virtual People-Pleasing
- Overly accommodating when scheduling calls.
- Assuming you need to take ALL the calls!
- Feeling bad or saying “I’m sorry” for not being available, or interested, in chatting.
- Staying on a call longer than you want.
- Wanting to connect but assuming others don’t want to talk with you.
- Turning on your camera or mic when you really don’t want to.
- Silently desiring to be heard and seen.
- Putting on real clothes and makeup when you don’t feel like it.
- Cleaning up and putting all the clutter behind the computer screen.
- Muting yourself while snacking.
How can you truly honor yourself no matter how you connect with people? If you want some pointers that work and give you the actual connection you want, whether on Zoom or in person (in your household), schedule a free Epic Connection consultation. There are only 4 slots available this month and then there will be a waitlist.
Stop putting off pleasure and epic intimacy. You deserve better.
I love you fiercely,