Continuing my year to radical change series, here is episode 2. Episode 1 can be found on our blog as well as on the Radical Pleasurist youtube channel.
Between 8/30 and 9/6 of 2018, I attended a powerful and transformative retreat as well as Sophia took me on a hike to ask me to be her business partner in Radical Pleasurist. On top of that, I was driving for Uber and Lyft about 30 hours a week and my daughter Ainsley was in month 10 of her recovery from a head injury.
I was desperate for change as an overly self-reliant, lonely, exhausted and untrusting people pleaser! Please join me in the video below as I remind myself that mountains are meant to be climbed, not carried.
I cover a great deal of ground in this video. Here are some highlights of what I talk about:
– Sharing details of how I shifted from being an exhausted, untrusting, people pleaser into a wide open receiver
of pleasure, abundance, play and love in under a year.
– If my sharing allows one person to feel safe opening their arms to their sadness and fear, it is worth it.
– What was a doing a year ago? I love progress notes!
– Naked yoga
Master Motherfucking Manifester’s Man!
– I told Sophia the only thing between us (as Radical Pleasurist) and wild success was execution. We executed at a level way beyond my expectations and we accomplished some epic stuff in the past 8 months!
– I’m reminded to climb, not carry, the mountains
– I used to leak tears all the time. In business meetings, on the bus, watching commercials, whenever. Years and
years of repressing/ignoring/fighting feelings clearly had an effect.
– Relax and Allow the hot mess
– I have to allow my full, messy self to be witnessed.
Masculine Ego Death – So Much Good Stuff
– I spent many years in my zone of excellence instead of my zone of genius.
– Pretending to be a man in a woman suit
– My professional background includes quite a few different industries: a start up company that made laser
sighting devices for handguns, business owner (handyman service), corporate america, network marketing, and
– Rebuilding my body from the foundational level (sometimes with naked yoga)
– Approaching the familiar differently, making a conscious choice vs. being on autopilot
– Keep trusting. The people who love me have confidence in me, I have to allow them the opportunity to show me.
– At 10:20 am on a Tuesday I am NOT in someone else’s office, I am in my apartment. Setting my own schedule.
Making my own plans.
– It’s a powerful experience and it’s scary. I can see how easy it would be to stop again. I don’t want to stop
– This is all practice in service to my higher good.
– Is this awakening porn?
Are there mountains you are carrying alone? Can you ask yourself if it is really true that you have to keep doing it alone? Comment below and let me know!
I love you fiercely.
p.s. If you are unaware of how you’re a pleaser, let’s have a coaching conversation. I dedicate 30-50 minutes to you to help you identify your blocks to pleasure.