When you don’t feel safe in your body your pleasure might be cut off. You might try a million different ways to arouse yourself or feel a delightful sensation and nothing gives!
If your pleasure seems foreign and unreachable, start with your body. Connect with your physical form and arrive here and now. Allow yourself to FEEL everything. Often we cut off pleasure while cutting off other uncomfortable emotions. Recognize this and realize feeling everything is your gateway to lasting pleasure.
Arriving in the body can be scary. For me, when I’m anxious or stressed my body can seem like an enemy. It can feel tight, constricted, and difficult to breathe into. I found a simple and effective practice that helps me to settle my stress response, feel safe in my body, and access my pleasure.
Allow me to guide you through this practice in the video below!
Safety & Pleasure Practice
Take a moment to first arrive here in the present moment. Feel the sits bones rooted beneath you if you’re seated, the back body lengthen and get heavy if you are lying down, or just notice the feet planted firmly under you if you are standing. Allow your body to start to relax into the here and now and just acknowledge what is happening at this time.
Let’s start by helping you to feel SAFE in your body.
- Breathe in and out through your nose and start to smooth out the breath. You can try visualizing your breathing as one continuous flowing movement. Continue for three breath cycles minimum.
- Begin to even out your breathing, making the inhale and exhale the same length. Sometimes counting can be helpful to provide a sense of rhythm. Continue for three breath cycles minimum.
- Keep the inhale the same length and now increase the exhale to be about twice as long as the inhale. Again, you can continue counting if this helps. Do this for three breath cycles or until you feel safe and relaxed.
Now, time to introduce some PLEASURE.
- Reach your arms out and grab a random object near you. Preferably not food or beverage.
- Just start to feel this object in your hands. Notice the qualities and textures of this item. Feel free to keep your eyes open.
- Now, start to pleasure yourself with the object! Not sexually… Just allow yourself to feel pleasure from sensation. Move the object along your skin in a way that feels good for you. Feel free to close your eyes to really drop in.
How did those practices feel for you? Were you able to feel a sense of safety so you could or tap into your pleasure? If you didn’t feel anything, that’s okay.
For most of my life, I felt very anxious or stressed and my body was either numb or in constant pain. While working with Sophia, I began my journey toward embodying pleasure and began feeling everything again. It was intense at times and but so worth it!
Your body can be your best friend, your home, the place where safety and pleasure can always reside with patience, compassion, and practice. Sometimes it’s scary to be in the body. Take your time here. Even when ailments are present in the physical form, pleasure can always prevail too!
If you need support feeling your way through all that arises and putting your pleasure and safety first, book a consultation below with Sophia. You don’t have to keep doing this alone.
With love and light,