What have you been taught about your body? Take a moment to think about it. Perhaps as a woman (or man) you were taught that the body is supposed to be fit, beautiful, functional for someone else. You’re supposed to be primped, shaved, immaculate, hair all done, nails done, smelling fresh, soft skin…I could on and on. You’re supposed to move your body to allure someone for sex or a relationship. You were taught to play a game, to manipulate your body so you are loved. Think about it.
Why do you do all the things you do to and with your body?
Why do you exercise (if you do)?
Why do you eat healthy or not eat healthy?
Why do you shave (or not shave)?
What is your body for?
Today I share with you what the body is made for and how a Radical Pleasurist treats the body. It’s really the first part in the process of freeing yourself from the tyranny of criticism and contradictory thoughts you have about yourself. Your thoughts deceive you. They are conditioned by a lifetime of brainwashing from your family and society at large. There is a way to view, to know, the body that is freeing, peaceful, and joyful. Once you see your body this way, you’ll no longer have the desire to abuse it, neglect it, and manipulate it for others.
5 ways a Radical Pleasurist treats her body
- A Radical Pleasurist understands that the body is a storehouse of multigenerational behavioral and emotional patterns. You are literally storing trauma in your body from your ancestors. The body stores everything (plenty of research into this and books written about this). The body stores emotions and trauma if you haven’t been taught how to release these. The reason people become ill or have chronic illness is because trauma and guilt are passed on generation after generation and they become trapped in the body. The trauma that you endure in your own lifetime is added to this storehouse. Think about it as layers upon layers of shit that you are buried under. You have been taught that you are broken. That is not true. You are buried.
- A Radical Pleasurist knows that in order to heal from sickness and pain – any kind of sickness – she must allow herself to feel the body again. Thinking, reasoning, and logic do not heal sickness although understanding the cause of sickness is beneficial to the healing process. The allowance and attention to feeling the body brings forth wisdom on the healing process. The body heals itself when it is allowed to. Once the body is felt at all times, the body actually tells you what actions to take to heal. They are simple actions.
- Knowing the body heals itself and that the body gives you wisdom, a Radical Pleasurist begins to listen attentively and compassionately to the body. No longer does she make it do things or feed it things it doesn’t want or need. She begins to listen to herself and to her intuition which emanates from the body.
- A Radical Pleasurist knows that the body is influenced by the mind and thoughts. With practice and self-study, she sees and feels that thoughts are connected to body sensations (including pleasure and pain). She begins to see the truth of the critical thoughts and realizes they have no meaning. You give meaning to your thoughts and to your body sensations. Thoughts are just stories. They are neither true nor false.
- Knowing that thoughts have no meaning except for the meaning you give them, a Radical Pleasurist understands that the body is your teacher. As your teacher, you listen to it and act in ways that support your happiness and freedom. It becomes easy. You do what your body asks you to do moment by moment. The literal range of motion is infinite and unique to each individual. Once you see that the body is a teacher, you accept that the body never betrays you and instead, gives you exactly what you need. If there is pain, the body asks you to inquire within. What is this pain about? It asks you to listen deeply and then it inspires you to act from knowledge, not conditioning.
How is this landing for you? Maybe it’s way the fuck out there for you. That’s cool. Maybe you’ve begun to experience these truths for yourself. Don’t take my word for it ever. You get to decide. The above has been my experience and the experience of all the clients whom I’ve taught. It has been the experience of some of the greatest teachers and Masters on Earth and throughout history. Experiment for yourself. What do you discover? If you are intrigued, curious, or needing help in your healing process, schedule a consult. Perhaps you need a different way of seeing things and sometimes, that makes all the difference in the world.